Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cod on the Cape

Here are some pictures from our last kid-free vacation. We visited Provincetown and some other towns on The Cape, Cape Cod that is. People from around here just say "The Cape". The last picture is of me eating at the Lobster Pot in Provincetown. I ordered the broiled Cod (since I can't have shell fish, no lobster). The fish was cooked to perfection with a tender delicate white flaky plate of goodness, served with orzo, salad and bread. It may be the best fish I have ever had. Brian ordered a seafood stew with pork, which was also very tasty. On the last day, we ate at a Portuguese bakery for breakfast. I had homemade sausage, a fresh Portuguese roll and eggs with coffee and juice--yum! To top it all off, why not have dessert after breakfast? We shared the most delicious custard filled sugar coated donut (from the same bakery) while sitting on the sunny pier. The beach pictures are from the Race Point beach area of the National Seashore, a National park. We spotted three seals feeding off she shore! I couldn't believe my eyes when the popped their heads out of the water and then dove back down with their shiny black bodies. We were the only ones there to see them. The beach was clean and pristine, with one exception, which I will post on later. We also visited the main art museum and many galleries in Provincetown. We had a great time on this trip, even if it was only for three days.





3 comments:

Chrystine said...

Wow, sounds lovely! We had our last getaway before Kira was born in Branson. It was on the lake and really quite nice, but it was still Branson, lol.

Anna said...

Looks great!!! :) I loved the pictures. Maybe I will get some up soon. I feel like we are so busy.

OH... and I am sorry I haven't called you back. Our phones all cut out along with electricity during a recent tornado issue. We were without power for four hours and a cell tower must have been down cause my cell phone was not getting good reception. Anyways... I have now left you an email on your comments.

Susan said...

Something inside of me would love to go back to Branson to visit now after living here for so long, Chrystine. I kind of miss Missouri. Anna, we ended up getting a similar GPS of the same brand you recommended. Worked great!